donderdag 23 juli 2015

Another day at the office (day 5)


Thursday, our last sessions today before we leave on Friday to the tournament. Well, what a day it was. We practiced our very first set-up, some specific drills for rebound, assist and shot and we paid attention to the rules. Implementing Philippine style play to our tournament gameplan. 

And I was surprised, surprised by the amount of scores, male, female, short, long, static and dynamic. We all had again great fun, scoring Lucky Luke style, loading our pistols and just the ballhandling was great. Will it be enough for the tournament? In seven days we'll know. More important than the tournament results was the assessment of coaching, the real basic goal of the game (score and its preventing by various means). Morning session, than grab a snack (Philippinian style - I am still scared by the duckling egg.... team I promise to eat one.....) and take some rest. 


Than I had a eye-opening experience at the Wushi training, talk later about this, but the silent power, the slow power, the control and the agility is still striving me. Would that be nice to implement in the schedule. I am looking forward to gain some more taste of Wushi on the Friday morning practice.
Before our second training of the day, we had a hour of video. We watched the 2013 final Fortuna - PKC and talk about the various way of playing, the timelapse of the game, the tactic plan, the referee and about where both teams were gaining and losing,  So many moments " what if...."


The afternoon training was about personal assessment, we took ten series of ten different shots, an exercise I practiced at many clubs and teams before. When I tell you that they scored between 20 and 60 with an average of 45 out of 100 shots, than some of the basic skills are really present. So we're talking about 720 scores in a 1,5 hour period. The players took different talisman to use the spiritual power of experience. And they loved it. I actually have to tell you that I really appreciate  the fact that before the training these players come together as a team, pray for a good and injury-free hour of practice, and they start their warming-up session together with a ball per person.

When the session was over, we spoke about the plan, the hours (almost 20 hours of korfball in less than 5 days) and what we learned, what we gained and what we missed. After that we took some photos and we went for a final diner with the staff into town. And still every minute in a car is a wonderful experience. The trafic is so chaotic and maybe only due to the fact that the speed is low, I have not noticed many accidents.


The meal was again great, Philippinean Lumpia, Nasi and Sushi are familiar to my Dutch food expercience, but many more fantastic things I have tasted the last days. Of course fruit and vegetables are between my favourites, the fish is often very good, maybe only the pork and amount of salt I have to get used to.


Tomorrow I will pack my stuff, have a Wushi training and will visit the University before I travel with the team to the airport. I am looking forward although I will miss the crazyness of Manila city. Say one time more so many thanks to the staff of the UST, especially sir Rodrigo Jr Sambuang and also special thanks to the wonderful Mrs. and Mr. Madura for the use of the Dormitory near the University with more than 160 female athletes in volleyball, tennis, swim, basketball, football and track & field. And maybe thanks NLKorfbal for the T-shirts, I am sure we have to collect some money and send a box of orange ones again to the Philippines, they liked the shirt Riko!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten