zondag 19 juli 2015

Emirates brings me to Philippines (day1)

Well , I am looking so much forward to meet the korfball family of the Philippines. Today I am on a pretty amazing trip to Manila. At the moment a stopover in Taipei where I will be again next Wednesday with the staff and the U23 team on their way to an internatinal debute to the fifth IKF U23 Asia Oceania Korfball Championship (IKF U23 AOKC) which will be played in Hsinchu  City, Chinese Taipei.

Well, today was a debute as well for me. First visit to Chinese Taipei and its airport. Also the Airbus A380 made its commercial debute today. A warm welcome at the airport with flowers, music, champagne, press and a lot of groundstaff taking pictures upon arrival.

We received a watering welcome the way they showed their respect to a first visit to the country. Well, that is going to be something very special as well next Friday when the team arrives from Manila.

Looking forward seeing you again next Friday. My trip continues in a couple of hours. Looking forward to meet Rodrigo Sambuang, the coach of the team. I am curious about his story. Next days I will have many chats and hope to watch the trainings of young and enthousiastic youthplayers on their way to make history for Philippine korfball. 
To be continued....




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten