vrijdag 24 juli 2015

Traveling day (day 6)

No korfball today, just a sad goodbye to the dorm and its owners. Mia, the Wushu coach showed me some more sites at the campus and we visited the small but beautiful museum in the main building. 


Still nice to see that it takes no effort to wake up at 5 am and start you day early here. A complete different shift of daylife and nothing to do with the jetlag. Probably due to the fact that I traveled from Saturday afternoon till Monday morning kept me save regarding a lag in my biocycle this time.


Between 9.00 and 11.00 I attended the Wushu classes and saw some really mouthopening moves, still impressed by this part of Asian culture.



After a traditional lunch, I sad goodbye to my dorm-parents, the Wushu coach and I wait till the other players arrive. The faculty members finish their last papers before leaving the Philippines and not come back till the start of the new University year in August. So there is a nice kind of pressure in the air. More than finishing their work, I hope the players arrive on time for our bus drive to the airport. At 8.45 pm we leave, arriving two hours later to the city of Taipei. Still very curious what our team effort is compared to the other countries present at the Asia and Oceania U23 Championships. The players are exited, the staff is exited and actually I also do feel exitement although also a little bit sad leaving this country without even being able to visit the countryside. We'll see probably next time....



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten